Why has The Modern Vedic launched its Desktop Site?
We have decided to bring a desktop site to deliver the fast purchase experience. The biggest reason to launch the site is our Consumer feedback and our belief in empowering our customers with a convenient and easy way of shopping.
Why will ‘My Cashback’ not be available on The Modern Vedic?
To make your shopping experience easier and simpler, ‘My Cashback’ will be replaced by PhonePe. PhonePe wallet can be used on The Modern Vedic and other PhonePe partners. To use your PhonePe balance, you will have to activate/verify your PhonePe account
How do I cancel the order, I have placed?
You can cancel your order before it has been packed at our warehouse. If your order has already been shipped, you can refuse it at the time of delivery and refund will be processed into the source account, if order amount was paid online.
I have created a Return request. When will the product be picked up?
Number of days to pickup a product may vary as per the Logistics team that will be assigned to pickup your product. The product will be picked anywhere between 4 – 7 days.
I have created a Return request. When will I get the refund?
Refund will be initiated after we receive the item at our warehouse and it passes quality check. Refund time depends on the mode of the refund
- NEFT – Time taken for the product to reach us plus 3 to 5 business days
- “PhonePe wallet” – Time taken for the product to reach us plus 1 day
Where should I self-ship the Returns?
You can send the return to any one of the following returns processing facilities depending on your location. Kindly do not send it to on any other address as the package would not be acceptable then. Please address the return shipments to the seller you purchased the products from, details of which can be found on your order invoice.
D-54,Mu-1,Greater Noida – 201310
What is The Modern Vedic’s Shipping Policy?
We strive to deliver products purchased from The Modern Vedic in excellent condition and in the fastest time possible. If the order is cancelled, lost or un-delivered to your preferred location, we will refund the complete order amount including any shipping charges, if paid online.
- If you return an order delivered to you, order shipping charges will not be refunded. However if you self-ship your returns, we will reimburse self-shipment charges based on The Modern Vedic’s Returns Policy.
- *Order value is calculated after applying discounts/VAT or any other applicable charges.
How are orders placed on The Modern Vedic delivered to me?
All orders placed on The Modern Vedic are dispatched through courier partners such as Blue Dart, Delivery Etc.
Does The Modern Vedic deliver products outside India?
Yes. The Modern Vedic delivers products outside India as well.
How can I get my order delivered faster?
Sorry, currently we do not have any service available to expedite the order delivery. In future, if we are offering such service and your area pincode is serviceable, you will receive a communication from our end.
What is The Modern Vedic’s Cancellation Policy?
You can cancel an order until it has not been packed in our Warehouse. This includes items purchased on sale also. Any amount paid will be credited into the same payment mode using which the payment was made
I just cancelled my order. When will I receive my refund?
If you had selected Cash on Delivery, there is no amount to be refunded because you haven’t paid for your order. For payments made via Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, or Wallet you will receive refund into the source account within 7-10 days from the time of order cancellation. If payment was made by redeeming PhonePe wallet balance then, refund will be initiated into Phonepe wallet within a day of your order cancellation, which can be later transferred into your bank account, by contacting PhonePe customer support team.
What is The Modern Vedic’s 7 day Return and Exchange Policy? How does it work?
The Modern Vedic’s 7 day returns and exchange policy gives you an option to return or exchange items purchased on The Modern Vedic for any reason within 7 days of receipt of the item. We only ask that you don’t use the product and preserve its original condition, tags, and packaging. You are welcome to try on a product but please take adequate measure to preserve its condition. There are two ways to return the product to us:
- Pick up: In most locations, we offer a free pick up service.
- Self-Ship: If we don’t offer a pick up at your location. In such cases, we will credit the shipping costs into your PhonePe wallet provided the product meets the return policy and you have shared scan copy of the courier receipt with us.
Once we pick up and receive your returned product, we will do a quality check of the product at our end and once product passes the quality check we will credit the amount you paid for the products into the refund mode selected at the time of initiating return request. If the picked up product does not pass the quality check, we shall ship it back to you. If you choose to exchange the item for reason of mismatch of size or receipt of a defective item, you will be provided with a replacement of the item, free of cost. However all exchanges are subject to stock availability and subject to your address being serviceable for an exchange. If you choose to exchange an item, our delivery representative will deliver the new item to you and simultaneously pick up the original item from you. Please note that we are only able to offer size exchanges. If you wish to exchange your item for an alternative product, we suggest that you return it to obtain refund and purchase the new item separately.
The following EXCEPTIONS and RULES apply to this Policy:
- Swarovski, Precious Jewelry, Cosmetics, Socks, Deodorants, Perfumes, Briefs, Shapewear Bottoms, any Lingerie Set that includes a Brief, Swimwear, Mittens, Wrist-Bands cannot be exchanged or returned.
- Due to the intimate nature, we handle returns for certain Innerwear, Sleepwear and Lingerie items differently. Only self-ship return is allowed for such items, hence pickup facility will not be available.Also, these items cannot be exchanged.
- All items to be returned or exchanged must be unused and in their original condition with all original tags and packaging intact (for e.g. shoes must be packed in the original shoe box).
- Under Exchange Policy, only size exchanges are allowed. Items can be exchanged for a similar size or a different size. Exchanges are allowed only if your address is serviceable for an exchange by our Logistics team.
- In case you have purchased an item which has a free gift/offer associated with it and you wish to return the main item, then you will have to return the free product as well
- If you self-ship your returns, kindly pack the items securely to prevent any loss or damage during transit. For all self-shipped returns, we recommend you use a reliable courier service.
- If you self-ship your returns, your shipping costs would be reimbursed subject to your return having met our Returns and Exchange Policy and the image of the courier receipt is shared by you and validated by us.
Pick-up: If you select to schedule a pick-up, please place the product in a packet and the product must be unused, unwashed and all the tags are intact.Keep the packet ready and open to expedite the return pickup. Our staff will initially examine the product at the time of pickup and a further quality check of the product will be conducted at our Returns Desk. Once your product has been approved by our quality staff, we will credit refund into the source selected at the time of return initiation.
Self-ship: In case your area pincode is not eligible for “Pick-up” mode then, please self-ship the product to our Returns desk. Please pack the product and ensure product is unused, unwashed and all the tags are intact. Also, please mention Order No and Return id on a piece of paper and place it in the packet. Kindly address the package to the address of the Returns desk closest to you. We have listed out the addresses of the Returns desk in another section on this page.
We will send you a confirmation email as soon as we receive the shipment at our warehouse
NOTE: NO PRODUCTS SHALL BE ACCEPTED IF THE WARRANTY CARD IS MISSING WHILE RETURN OR EXCHANGE OF THE PRODUCTS.
How long would it take me to receive the refund of the returned product?
We take 3 business days from the date of receipt of the goods at The Modern Vedic to initiate NEFT transfer and 7 to 10 days for refund into your Credit/Debit/Netbanking account, after the returned item has reached us and quality check is successful. Therefore, the refund time really depends on the time it takes the courier company to deliver the packet to the returns processing facility. In case of any refund discrepancies, The Modern Vedic may at its sole discretion, request you to share with us a screenshot of your bank statement.
How do I return multiple products from a single order?
If you are returning multiple products from a single order then, you will receive a separate Return ID via e-mail for each item. If you are self-shipping the products, you can ship all the products in a single shipment. Please mention the Return IDs for all the products on a single sheet of paper and place it inside the packet.If mode of return is Pickup, our courier person will pickup the products from the pickup address.
Does The Modern Vedic pick up the product I want to return from my location?
Currently, we pick up products only from selected PIN Codes. If your area pincode is serviceable, you will be able to select the pickup option
We will pick up the return within 4 – 7 days from the request placement date.
- Please keep the return shipment ready.
How can I Self-Ship the product to The Modern Vedic?
If your area pin code is not serviceable for pickup, you will need to self-ship the return item via any reliable courier partner. Please ensure to place a sheet of paper with the details of Order ID and Return ID for each item included in the package. For all self-shipped returns, you will be duly reimbursed the shipping costs. The courier bill/receipt should satisfy the following conditions for successful processing:
- It should capture the weight of the return package.
- Residential/office address, destination address, shipment date, amount and other details should be mentioned.
- The information on the receipt should NOT be edited/over-written.
- The courier charge (amount mentioned on the receipt) should not overshoot the Sender-Destination-Service combination and shall be cross checked with the courier company.
This is subject to your returns being inspected and successfully processed upon receipt at our end.
Where should I self-ship the Returns?
You can send the return to any one of the following returns processing facilities depending on your location. Kindly do not send it to on any other address as the package would not be acceptable then. Please address the return shipments to the seller you purchased the products from.
How can I pay for my order at The Modern Vedic?
We support the following payment options at The Modern Vedic:
- Cash On Delivery (available in selected pin codes)
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net banking
- Paytm Wallet
What should I do if my payment fails?
Please retry making the payment after ensuring that the information entered is accurate, including all account details, billing addresses and passwords. If your payment still fails, you can use the Cash on Delivery (COD) payment option, if available on the payment page to place your order. If your payment is debited from your account after a payment failure, it will be credited back within 7-10 days, after we receive a confirmation from the bank.
I am being charged VAT amount on my order. What is VAT?
Value Added Tax (VAT) is an indirect tax under the Indian taxation system which is levied, based on consumption, by state governments. VAT will have to borne/paid by the ultimate consumer of the product.
How is the VAT amount decided?
Following rules will govern whether or not an additional VAT will be applicable on the products purchased by you:
- VAT applicability: For a product, if the total discount percentage is more than 19% of MRP, then VAT maybe collected from customer. This includes discounts resulting from special offers such as Buy 1 Get 1 and similar offers.
- VAT amount: If applicable, the amount of VAT collected from customer depends on category.
- Apparel/Clothing: Max 6% of net payable (MRP – product discount – coupon discount) will be collected from the customer. The balance VAT amount payable to government will be borne by The Modern Vedic.
- Footwear: Max 14.5% of net payable (MRP – product discount – coupon discount) will be collected from the customer.
- Home Furnishing: Min. 5% – Max. 14.5% of net payable (MRP – product discount – coupon discount) will be collected from the customer.
- Accessories: Max 14.5% of net payable (MRP – product discount – coupon discount) will be collected from the customer.
- Other Categories: Customer doesn’t need to pay any VAT.
The amount of taxes shown at the cart level is a mere estimate. The actual taxes payable shall be determined basis the warehouse (based on availability of the products) from where the goods are being shipped, which will be checked once the order is placed. Only in case of taxes being lower than the estimate taxes (based on the warehouse from where the goods would be shipped), the customer would be notified of the same and any additional taxes paid by the customer would be duly refunded to the customer
If I return/cancel the purchased product will the VAT amount charged be refunded?
Yes. If you return the product the applicable VAT amount will also be refunded into the source account selected at the time of return initiation.
Coupons and “My Cashback”
How do I apply a coupon on my order?
You can apply a coupon on cart page before order placement..
I have not received ‘My Cashback’ balance into the PhonePe wallet, what should I do?
Please reach out to our customer service team via ‘Contact Us’ option available on our Website and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
I was given a coupon when you cancelled my last order. How can I use it?
When a seller initiates a cancellation, customer is provided goodwill coupon as a token of apology. To use your coupon, you will have to continue shopping with us on Website. In case, you don’t have access to the Website currently, don’t worry, your coupons are safe with us. Whenever you have the access in future, you will be able to use the coupon (unless it has not expired).
What is PhonePe wallet?
PhonePe wallet is RBI approved semi-closed payment instrument and can be used on The Modern Vedic and any other PhonePe partners. You can use your PhonePe wallet for quick purchases and easy refunds. You can also withdraw your PhonePe balance at any time into a bank account of your choice.
Do I need to have a PhonePe account to shop on The Modern Vedic?
PhonePe account is not mandatory to shop on The Modern Vedic. However, we recommend you to have a PhonePe account for quick purchases and easy refunds. Also, any refund initiated by The Modern Vedic in exceptional cases will be credited only to the PhonePe wallet. You can sign up for PhonePe account by visiting the PhonePe page under ‘My Account’.
What will happen to my money, if an order placed using PhonePe wallet fails or is rejected?
If an order is not successful, it can also be due to payment failure and in these cases you are not liable for any refund. In scenarios, wherein payment is received at our end and order is rejected, payment made through PhonePe wallet will be automatically refunded to PhonePe wallet. Kindly reach out to our Customer Care, if the money is not refunded to your wallet.
Can I use The Modern Vedic to send gifts to others?
Yes, you can send gift orders to your friends/family members on The Modern Vedic. For an additional charge of Rs. 25, you can choose to gift wrap your order by selecting the option in your shopping bag. Your gift will also include a personalized message from you.
What payment methods can I use to pay for a gift order?
You can use any payment method that The Modern Vedic supports, except Cash on Delivery.
Will the pricing, discount and payment information be displayed on the package sent to the recipient?
No. The external packaging slip/invoice will not include any pricing, discount, or payment information. However, the original product tag with the MRP will be intact on the products inside the package.
Can I apply a coupon or discount on the gift wrapping charge?
No. Discounts and coupons are not applicable on the gift wrap charge.