Healing stones, crystals and semi-precious gemstones come from one unified source – Mother Earth. Created from the magma or Earth’s inner core, healing stones have gone through a geologic process of heating, cooling and displacement on their way to their present form. A healing stone come in various appearances,shape,color and size.
The energy field of different gemstones is influenced by its geometrical form, color and subtle vibration. Each stone is made up of minute crystals which are in constant motion thus emitting an energy signature or frequency. A healing stone’s color also plays a dynamic role in the stone’s healing energy.A magical and symbiotic connection has always existed between human beings and gems. Evidence of a healing stone being used for healing has been found as far back as the fourth millennium before Christ. Ancient civilizations such as the Chinese, Egyptians, Sumerians, Greeks, Romans, or Shamans and Medicine Men have used gemstones for healing in multiple ways. This ancient knowledge has been passed down to our day and with the emerging popularity of holistic health and healing, the use of a healing stone is again making its way into modern life.
Abalone are marine snails. The shells of abalones have a low, open spiral structure, and are characterized by several open respiratory pores in a row near the shell’s outer edge. It is closely related to water element and is also refereed to as “the sea ears” due to its flattened oval shape iridescent interior.
Meaning of Abalone
Abalone jewelry, masks and decorative bowls have been used by many ancient cultures due to abalone meaning and properties. In Native American cultures, abalone shell is used as a smudge bowl to burn sage in.They believed that abalone and a sage together will carry their messages up to heaven.
In the Apache culture, abalone is used in The Sunrise Ceremony, a ritual that marks a girl’s conversion into womanhood.According to Apache myth, The Sunrise Ceremony celebrates the White Painted Woman who survived the great flood in an abalone shell, and came to land to be impregnated by the Sun and the Rain. The son born from her communion with rain, creates water.The son born from her communion with Sun, is the Killer of Enemies of the White Painted Women. Victorious, she bestows her puberty rite upon all Apache women.This is why the journey into puberty honors the White Painted Woman in an abalone disc worn on the forehead of Apache girls as they perform the ritual. Abalone means solace, a connection to the ocean, the cycle of life, protection and ancient travel. It is usually found off the coasts of South America, Japan and China.
Abalone Shell as a Healing Stone
- Abalone healing carries energies of protection and emotional balance.
- It brings with itself, a natural shielding that blesses the person holding it with tranquility. Abalone healing is helpful for those going through emotional turmoil, or those having a hard time dealing with some kind of situation in a relationship.
- Through it’s soothing energy, it provides a layer of protection that boosts, one’s spirits up with the confidence necessary to view situations from a new, more understanding perspective.
- If you treat the shell of an abalone as container for water,(like many cultures do), this water will tame the flames of your emotional life.
- Abalone can heal your body within the chakras ,
- Resonating with third eye to stimulate physic intuition
- Heart to clear the feelings of fear and sorrow
- Polar Plexus to reinstall power of self.
[ LEARN MORE ABOUT CHAKRA SHUDDHI ]
Agate is a type of meta-crystalline rock characterized by it’s color and origin.They from an Archean system which is considered volcanic.This stone is associated with many healing capabilities as well.
- Agates are formed when sedimentary rock is mixed with silica.It is then heated to it’s crystalline nature and is characterized by its banded and stripped personality .
- If a volcanic intrusion has occurred horizontally similar to those that occur in sills due basic metamorphized rocks then they will have banded pattern showing intrusion .
- If a volcanic intrusion have occurred vertically similar to the dyke phenomena then it would show stripped pattern.
Types of Agate
This type of agate shows only a single eye and is also known as cyclops agate.
This type of agate has fern like patterns in them formed due to the presence of manganese and iron oxides. Other types of included matter deposited during agate-building includes sagenitic growths (radial mineral crystals) and chunks of entrapped detritus (such as sand, ash, or mud).Occasionally agate fills a void left by decomposed vegetative material such as a tree limb or root and is called limb cast agate due to its appearance.
Dendritic Agate is known as stone of plenitude because it brings abundance and fullness to all areas of life, from business to agricultural endeavors. It was associated with the ancient Greek woodlands and tree spirits.Farmers buried Dendritic Agate in their fields at the time of sowing to ensure good harvest.
It is formed from silicified fossil Elimia tenera (erroneously considered Turritella) shells. E. tenera are spiral freshwater gastropods having elongated, spiral shells composed of many whorls.
Greek agate is the name given to pale white to tan colored agate found in Sicily back in 400 BC.It was used by the Greeks for making jewelry and beads.
Fire Agate, known as the spiritual flame of absolute perfection, carries a great mystery locked inside its deep brown crystal. s soon as you touch the stone, its fiery embers ignite. Peer into its depths and flames leap within its chambers.Fire Agate is a stone for creativity and expression and can stimulate sexual and physical energy, increasing stamina and circulation.It is helpful in treating sexual imbalances, including impotence or fear of sexual intimacy. It protects home and family if kept on an outside sill or in workplace.
[ YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN : HOME REMEDIES FOR SEXUAL IMPOTENCE ]
Agate as a Healing Stone
- Agate promotes inner stability, composure, and maturity. Its warm, protective properties encourage security and self-confidence.
- It is a great crystal to be used during pregnancy as it also helps new mothers avoid the “baby blues” sometimes experienced after giving birth
- Agate stone necklace can be worn between the breasts to encourage lactation in the mothers to feed their babies better.
Amazonite is known as the lucky “Hope Stone” and it will be lucky for all your hopes and dreams. It is sometimes known as Amazon stone.It is a green variety of microline feldspar.It is named after Amazon river from which certain green stones were formerly obtained but its doubtful whether green feldspar is found in Amazon area because Amazonite is a mineral of limited occurrence.
Amazonite is well known in India, Egypt, Sudan and Mesopotamia, its jewelry was also worn by pre-Colombian South and central America. It was also believed to have adorned the shields of semi-mythical Amazonian (tribe of female warriors) thought to live in 10th century . Its appearance ranges from bright green to paler shades of turquoise sometimes with white, yellow or grey portions and can also be translucent or opaque.
Amazonite as a Healing Stone
- Amazonite stone helps balance the emotions and gives physical stamina.
- It also has a calming and soothing effect, and is especially useful in situations that are stressful.
- An Amazonite stone can awaken compassion within your heart by stimulating the heart chakra.
- It is also a powerful healing crystal. Amazonite helps you move beyond the fear of confrontation and judgement, allowing you to pursue and express your true self.
- Amazonite stones are also wonderful manifestation tools because they help to bring clarity and truth to your intention, helping you manifest that into reality.
- An amazonite can help to empower and motivate you to manifest your dreams and desires, magnifying your intentions and strengthening your throat chakra.
The name Amethyst is derived from the Greek word ametusthos, meaning “not intoxicated” and comes from an ancient legend. It has always been associated with February.Romans dedicated the month of February to Neptune, their water-god.It is the traditional birth stone of that mount as well.
In Greek mythology, the wine god Bacchus, angry over an insult decided to avenge himself and kill the first person he would meet would by his tigers. The unfortunate mortal happened to be a beautiful maiden named Amethyst.She was on her way to worship the shrine of Diana. As the ferocious beasts sprang on her, she cried for protection of the goddess and was saved by being turned into a clear, white crystal. Bacchus, regretting his cruelty, poured the juice of his grapes over the stone as an offering giving the gem its lovely purple color.
Amethyst as a Healing Stone
- If you’re prone to frequent headaches or migraines, amethyst is a useful healing tool for pain relief.Try dipping a tumbled piece of amethyst in water and rubbing it on your forehead in a circle counterclockwise.
- Energy Muse also offers amethyst crystals for energizing and beautifying the home.
- Amethyst acts as a purifier that cleanses your home of all negative energy,which helps create a calm and peaceful atmosphere.
- Placing an amethyst rock in the bedroom or wearing it as a bracelet at night protects against nightmares and insomnia. It is particularly helpful for children who suffer from night terrors.
- Business owners, keep amethyst crystals in your shop or office to increase a strong business sense .
The name Apatite is derived from a Greek word meaning “to deceive” because the variety of colors and formations in which this stone occurs makes it easy to mistake for other minerals. It may be yellow, blue, green, brown, gray or colorless, but the Apatite stones used for metaphysical purposes are primarily higher-quality crystal pieces in blue, green and gold. Apatite is also the stone associated with animal conservation, because it is composed of the mineral phosphate that makes up the teeth and bones of all vertebrate animals, as well as their horns, antlers or tusks.
Apatite as a Healing Stone
- A blue Apatite stone is a very motivational and inspirational crystal that clears your mind ,strengthens personal power and stimulates creativity.
- It is also believed to help in weight loss ,suppress hunger and raise your metabolism.
- Apatite has a overwhelming and exhilarating energy and working with the energy of this crystal helps you in recognizing your ambitions, and will make you chase after them with a newfound vigor and energy level.+6
The meaning of the name Apophyllite comes from the Greek words that mean ‘get’ and ‘leaf‘, referring to its proclivity to exfoliate like a leaf, when heated. These crystals come in a range of colors, but the most common are the clear or colorless crystals, and the Green Apophyllite stones.
Other less common colors are totally white stones, grayish white, yellowish, rose red shades, and some quite rare black crystals, caused by inclusions of other minerals, possibly Hematite. They are commonly found in combination with yellow Stilbite.
Apophyllite as a Healing Stone
- Anxiety is like a weed—if you ignore it, it will take over you. Aapophyllite lets you be proactive against anxiety by pinpointing its destructive qualities along with calming and soothing characteristics.
- Get rid of overactive thoughts, repressed emotions and negative patterns by using apophyllite to redirect your attention from the mind to your body.
- As apophyllite cleanses the third eye and crown chakras with a sensation of love, devote your attention to breathing in peace and exhale any useless negativity that you still harbor.
- Once you have removed any stagnant energy that may be blocking your crown chakra, you can observe the flow of light from your spirit throughout your body to infuse you with spiritual light and love.
[ LEARN MORE ABOUT CHAKRA SHUDDHI ]
The name ‘Citrine’ comes from the French word citron, meaning lemon, it was used as a gem in Greece back in 300 B.C., and because of its color,citrine stone is sometimes mistakenly referred to as Gold Topaz, Madeira,Spanish Topaz, or Safranite. Much of the commercial Citrine in the market is heat-treated Amethyst or Smoky Quartz that produces an enhanced Citrine color, usually a deeper amber or orange-reddish shade. Natural Citrine is usually pale yellow in color.
Citrine as a healing stone
- There are many positive attributes of citrine stone when it comes to aiding the physical self. It is said that this stone aids urinary, kidney, and digestive diseases.
- It has also been said that citrine purifies our system and may help counteract the toxic affects of many pharmaceutical medicines.
- Citrine is believed to be a tonic for the circulatory system, and helps in cleansing the blood, as it is processed within the kidneys and other organs.
- It is also believed to enhance the passage of electrical impulses within the nervous system and improve the functionality of the endocrine system. Citrine gives energy and invigoration to the physical body as well.
- It is useful to people who are sensitive to environmental and other outside influences. Citrine is also highly beneficial for reversing degenerative diseases.
Physical Properties of Citrine
Citrine is often found in association with amethyst, but it is much more rare than its purple cousin. Since it resists weathering, it is also found in alluvial sands and gravels. The largest supplier of natural citrine is Rio Grande do Sol state in Southern Brazil. Citrine mines in the US are found in Colorado, North Carolina and California. This gemstone is also found all over the world, in Spain, Brazil, Africa, South Africa, France, Britain, Madagascar and the Soviet Union.