A greeting apart from brightening someone’s day, can do many things, like helping two col-leagues to get to know each other, expressing one’s care for another, or it can be the start of a fulfilling relationship. Greeting others is something common and yet important to all cultures. It is a norm that nearly everyone engages in on a daily basis. We greet people in different ways depending on our relationship with the person we are greeting and also depending on our culture.All over the world, regardless of someone’s race or culture, people greet one another. The purpose of greeting someone, around the world can vary and the reasons behind them generally include:
- Showing attention and acknowledgement of other person’s presence.
- Intentionally making one’s presence known formally or informally
- Suggesting closeness and type of relationship between people or groups
HOLA means HELLO in Spanish
We are taught different greeting styles and traditions from childhood but we are not taught about the spiritual effects of these greetings. Different forms of greetings have different spiritual effects that can help or harm us in our daily lives as well as our spiritual journeys. This is because some amount of subtle energy is exchanged every time we greet others.
However, customs underlying greetings vary from culture to culture and situation to situation.Customary Greetings may change depending on the social status and relationship between the two people. Greetings can be expressed silently, audibly or physically, and often involve a combination of them.
A large number of spiritual changes occur to the chakras of a person when greetings are exchanged. This is particularly while
- being in the company of certain people or
- when making eye contact on meeting and greeting them or
- while making physical contact when conversing with or
- reaching out and touching another person as in hugging, depending on their individual spiritual state.
All of us differ in our spiritual capacities or spiritual levels. Accordingly, depending on whether our spiritual level is higher or lower, we become either less or more prone to the negativity from a spiritual dimension. As a result, our spiritual states may differ. By ‘spiritual state’, we mean whether a person has been taken over by an entity (demonic possession) or not. A person at a lower spiritual level becomes highly prone to being affected, if not possessed, by negative energies or his departed ancestors.
Greetings that Involve Touch
When a greeting involves touching, the following can be kept in mind.
The use of touch enhances the transfer of spiritual or subtle-energies, when compared to a greeting that do not involve touch.
(Staring into each other’s eyes can also instigate a transfer of subtle-energies, depending on the types of negative energies involved.)
|Type of contact between two people Greeting Each Other||Ease of Energy Transfer Between People Greeting Each Other||Example|
Skin to Skin
Energy transfer is Easy
Skin to Mouth
More Energy Transfer than Skin to Skin
|Kissing on hand or cheek|
Mouth to Mouth
Easiest energy transfer
|Kissing mouth to mouth|
Transmission of Black Energy
People who are possessed or badly affected by negative energies are said to be covered with black energy. This black energy affects not only them but people in their vicinity as well. People who have the subtle-ability of the sixth sense, can pick up on this black energy by perceiving the spiritually negative vibrations. People who have a sixth sense of vision can actually see the black energy emanating from a possessed person or a person affected by negative energies.
Depending on the strength of the possessing entity, the black energy surrounding the person can extend out to a considerable distance. Needless to say, people in the vicinity of the affected person are at an increased risk of being affected when they actually come into physical contact with the person.
Black energy is Tama-predominant and instigates many impediments in a person’s life, which include various problems in his life and a large number of obstacles in spiritual growth. A black energy covering can be minimized by spiritual practices or some spiritual healing methods. Regular spiritual practice, however, is the most reliable way to reduce the covering of this black energy.
Factors affecting the Spiritual Efficacy of a Greeting
The main factors in deciding the more spiritually appropriate greeting is based on the spiritual vibrations generated, and the relationship between the two people.
- Greetings from around the world that are more likely to generate Raja-Tama vibrations are considered spiritually harmful to us.
- Greetings that are less likely to generate Raja–Tama vibrations and are more likely to attract sāttvik vibrations and are spiritually beneficial to us.
- Greetings that involve physical contact increase the risk of flow of subtle-energies between two people. As most people do not do regular spiritual practice, they are more prone to be affected by negative energies and black energy, and hence can affect others too.
- Greetings that are delivered with sattvik thoughts such as genuine love, affection and goodwill towards the other person increase the spiritual positivity of a greeting.
However, all these effects can be observed at a psychological level only. When a person’s thoughts are at a spiritual level, and he has thoughts like
“May this person progress spiritually” or
“I am paying obeisance to the soul (ātmā) within you”
Then the spiritual positivity of his greeting increases manifold.
The Effects of a Greeting by Specific People
People in society can be affected by negative energies, depending upon who greets them and who they greet. They have been categorized as follows:
- Possessed person: This person’s consciousness is controlled by negative energies.
- Affected person: This person is affected by negative energies to some extent, but the negative energies have no control over the person’s mind and intellect. An average person falls under this category.
- Positive person: The person is spiritually positive and is not affected by any negative energies. This is generally rare in the 21st century. In most cases, this person would be doing regular spiritual practice and would have attained a spiritual level of at least 60%.
- Saint: This person has attained a spirituality level greater than 70%. This is extremely rare in the 21st century.
When the above types of people greet each other or interact with each other various subtle-energy flows are generated. Depending on the type of people who are greeting each other and by what method, the energy transfer that takes place between them, will differ.
- Possessed with Affected: If a person possessed by negative energies hugs a person who is affected by negative energies, there is a strong likelihood of negative energy transfer from the possessed person to the affected person.
- Possessed with Positive: If a person, possessed by a lower level negative energy, shakes hands with a positive person (60% spiritual level), then there could be a healing effect on the possessed person.
- Saint with Affected: If a Saint wishes an average affected person well, a healing effect will be experienced by the affected person.
[ YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN : HEALING STONES ]
In almost all cases, people cannot perceive this energy exchange as they do not have the subtle-ability or sixth sense to perceive it. However, you may have experienced a feeling of being drained whilst in another person’s company or after shaking a person’s hand. This is an indication of one being negatively affected by another person.
Greetings Around the World
Whenever we communicate with or greet another person, we are at a risk of being affected by the subtle-energies associated with that person. The table below gives an overview of the common types of greetings used in different cultures,traditions,countries by different people:
|Common Types of Greeting||Spiritual Risk||Spiritual Benefits|
|Bow||Less – medium||Less|
|Hug||Medium to high||None|
By ‘spiritual risk’, we mean the risk of generating distressing spiritual vibrations (which are detrimental in nature) and transfer of negative energies between the two people greeting each other, as well as into the environment surrounding them.
By ‘spiritual benefit’ we mean does the greeting generate sattvik vibrations
The most Common Methods/words of Greeting People,across the world include :
Tibet: Sticking your tongue out
Philippines: Mano – Limp Handshake
Oman: Nose Kisses
New Zealand: Hongi
Tuvalu: Press cheeks together and inhale simultaneously.
Malaysia: Stretch out Hands and Touch the Other Person’s Fingertips and then bring your hands to your hearts.
Korea: Slight Bow and Handshake
Micronesia: Raising Eyebrows
France: Kiss on Both Cheeks
Arab Countries: Kiss on Both Cheeks
Russia: Firm Handshake
Indonesia: Say selamat (Meaning : Peace)
Sri Lanka: Place your Palms together under Chin and Bow Slightly
WHY DO WE DO NAMASTE ?
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NAMASTKAR AND PRANAMA
SIGNIFICANCE OF OM IN RELIGIONS
SCIENCE BEHIND OM
COLORS IN VASTU SHASTRA
CORNERS IN VASTU SHASTRA
DIRECTIONS IN VASTU SHASTRA