TheModernVedic.com pays close attention to respecting intellectual property and makes sure to always give a credit to the author/creator where he is given or at least to the web page via which the specific item was published. However, there is a huge amount of unsigned material online and it is not always possible to track down the original author/creator and to give the deserved credit. Also, all content on TheModernVedic.com is posted by the users and not all of them are that meticulous about copyrights as we are. Therefore, in case of our unintentional infringement, if you happen to notice any copyrighted material on our site that we weren’t aware of please let us know.
According to Copyright Law, the procedure of reporting copyright infringement with TheModernVedic.com should be conducted in the following manner.
You will need to send us a written copyright infringement notification that includes substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Such written notice should be sent to us through our contact form which can be found on our Contact Us Page.
Please also note that under Section 512(f) any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability. Please also be advised that we enforce a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of subscribers who are repeat infringers.
Anytime we become aware that a picture or any other material on TheModernVedic.com infringes the copyrights of a third party, we will take it down from the site immediately. We are required to do so by law. If you believe that a picture on the site infringes your copyright, send us a copyright notice and we will take it down. If you believe that we have removed a picture that you uploaded in error and that you are the copyright owner or have permission, you can file a counter notice and let us know. If you repeatedly post infringing content, your use of TheModernVedic.com as a member or audience will be terminated. This is also a requirement of the law.